Thursday, October 13, 2011

Unexpected Household Ingredients That Should Be In Your Beauty Regiment

      As a Bombshell Beauty-full woman I am always looking for products and ingredients to multi-task for me, and I am a huge fan of seeing instant results. As any woman on the go or mother will tell you, any product or technique that can save time is a must-have! Here is a list of some of my favorite household beauty tricks, that save time, work instantly, and use natural ingredients that you probably already have in your home:

    One of my surprising beauty secrets is that while I have an array of beloved foamy, bubbly bath wash products, my favorite thing to wash with on an everyday basis is good old Honey. (I prefer the bear bottle kind because it's inexpensive and cute to look at.)
Honey should be in your beauty regiment for the following reasons: It is nourishing, hydrating, has antiseptic and antibacterial properties, it's all natural-no chemicals, parabens, dyes, or fragrances, non-irritating, and it smells and tastes amazing! Great for every skin type! Plus, nothing makes you feel like more of a goddess than pouring honey all over your body!
       
        I know you're probably thinking..."doesn't it feel sticky or goopy?" Not when wet, it is silky and warming. I like to put a thick layer on my face and let sit for 3 mins while I wash my body, it warms the skin on the face, combats oil and leaves it soft, smooth and hydrated.

        The reason it is so great for your skin is that when honey is used topically, hydrogen peroxide is produced by dilution of the honey with body fluids. As a result, hydrogen peroxide is released slowly and acts as an antiseptic. This is why it is my #1 choice for shaving with. It gives me no irritation or shave bumps, with a close, hydrated, smooth shave.

My 2nd beauty secret is Johnson & Johnson's No More Tears Baby Shampoo
This mild soap-free formula has been a household name for over 50 years. I discovered its secret life as a beauty must-have when I myself had a baby. This trusted, inexpensive product makes a great make-up remover! It is gentle on the skin, mild on the eyes, makes your lashes softer, and a little goes a long way so it's very cost-effective for the bombshell beauty on a budget.

Next is plain Avocado:
 The avocado is a natural moisturizer. This is why I love to use it as a hand treatment.  Avocado is rich in Vitamin A, C, E, iron, potassium, niacin, pantothenic acid, natural emollients and protein that make it the perfect ingredient for any moisturizer. Simply peel and mash a fully ripened avocado and rub it into the skin on your hands, palms, and fingers, especially focusing on the knuckles, and cuticles. Let sit for 5 mins. then rinse. You will notice instant results with smoother, naturally moisturized hands!

Lastly, time tested Vaseline:
Want to have no-frills look with very little eye make-up? Try combing some Vaseline lightly through lashes for a sexy, subtle sparkle. This is a trick used on many film and television sets to catch the light on camera. It is also something Lady Gaga has been seen doing in more than one music video, to create that wide open, "sad" eye look. It nourishes the lashes and creates a natural defined "wet" lash look, and it won't irritate the skin or the eyes. Pair this look with a bronzer and your favorite lipstick and you're ready to go with very little application time.

These are just a few of my favorite household beauty secrets, and I hope you give them a try and see that beauty can be easy, fun, and inexpensive if you know the right tricks. What are some of your household beauty secrets?

Happy Thursday! Stay Beauty-full!
XoXo-
Bombshell Beauty



1 comment:

  1. Cool article, I didn't know that about honey! I use vaseline on my face sometimes because my skin gets so dry, it really works well.

    ReplyDelete