Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Project 30. A drawing challenge and what being an artist means to me

Project 30. A drawing challenge,
and what being an artist means to me

      I recently celebrated my 30th birthday. Looking back on the last year brought up a lot of thoughts and emotions. Last year I almost died in a head on collision on US19. I had a long and hard recovery after extensive injuries. I began looking for ways to keep my mind and dexterity sharp. 

I began a 30 day drawing challenge, one drawing a day for 30 days. Well, it turned out I couldn't keep up with that pace but I kept at the challenge and followed the topics in order. The drawings turned out to be a wonderful outlet for me.

 One year later I completed the 30 drawings and put together an art show that happened to be on my 30th birthday. 
Project 30: Jasmin's 30th birthday party & art exhibition. 
 The show was a celebration of being alive, surviving,and my cathartic expression of the last year thru my art.  It felt so amazing that I had finished this series of drawings and was putting it out into the world. 



Here are some of my favorite drawings from the challenge:

#8:Favorite Animated Character
#7:Favorite Word







#14:Favorite Fairytale
#12:Most Recent Accomplishment
#21:Something you want




#23:Something You Need

#25:Scenery
#28:Anything You'd Like





It got me thinking about how I define myself as an artist. 
Wikipedia defines an artist as a person who produces paintings or drawings as a profession or hobby. I produce many mediums of art and I'm constantly seeking and finding new ways to create.I draw inspiration from life all around me everyday. I see lines and colors, tones and shades everywhere I go. I take notice of light and shadow and I see design in everything. I can take a well composed photograph, paint, or draw just as easily as I can blend the perfect 
eye shadow combinations. 

For me it's all about creation, no matter what form it takes. The drawing challenge sharpened skills in a medium I had been neglecting, but it's all transferable. My line art in some of the drawing challenges improved some of my makeup application techniques. The world to me is beauty-full and I like to capture the beauty I see thru my eyes as much as possible.

 In my profession as a makeup artist I've found a creative home with 
Eyes on You Hair & Makeup that allows me to expand my skills and transform my inspiration in a constantly evolving, cutting edge team of trained professionals. Wikipedia defines a makeup artist as an artist whose medium is the human body. Makeup is an art, yes, but its more than that. I love how makeup can make you feel great about yourself. I believe that confidence is the most beautiful thing a person can wear. It is my personal beauty philosophy that cosmetics aren't meant to cover up or change you, but rather to enhance and highlight your best features. This helps you to feel extremely comfortable in your own skin and allows you to be your most confident, radiant self. My passion is deeply rooted in helping others achieve that feeling.

From drawing to makeup I identify as an artist in more ways than one and just want to make the world a more beauty-full place. I have witnessed so much beauty in my 30 years of life and I'm so grateful to be here to see more. I have learned to never give up, never stop striving,
 never stop growing, and let the beauty within you reflect the wonder of our outside world. 

Here's to the next 30!!!
Happy October and have a beauty-full fall!!
XoXo-Bombshell Beauty

 If you would like to see more of my drawings or purchase one you can email me at:
Jazzykeyes@gmail.com




Book online with me now!!!
To book with me, Jasmin Keyes, for makeup/hair 
and/or body painting click here---->EYES ON YOU 
to visit the Eyes On You website

 
This is my digital portfolio with some makeup and body painting looks I have created.

No comments:

Post a Comment