Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Visually Stunning Animated Short by Dali & Disney Set to Purity Ring's "Lofticries"

Dali + Disney + Purity Ring= Beauty-full Thanksgiving Treat


My sister put me in the know about a free album download this past summer from Stereogum called



...featured on it is this amazing track that caught my attention right away. 

"Lofticries" by Purity Ring has become without a doubt my favorite song of 2011 thus far!

 Recently, while trying to find out more about them and looking for music videos I discovered this breathtaking animated short set to "Lofticries". 


Upon doing further research I learned that this video was a short film called "Destino" created by Salvador Dali and Walt Disney! Their collaboration began in 1946 and more than half a century later the film was completed.


The Purity Ring Remix is so perfect with it, it almost seems as if they were created in unison. Get ready to be inspired because this video is like a rare unearthed treasure and an effervescent breath of fresh air that couldn't be more perfect on this rainy day..


This version ends before the original film does, which you can see here "Destino"
I hope you enjoyed seeing this as much as I have, and I can't believe I never knew that Dali and Disney teamed up on an incredible piece of animated art. 

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone, be safe and remember...
You are beauty-full!!

XoXo-Bombshell Beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment